At One The Gallery, we are committed to providing our patients with the newest and most innovative diagnostic aids, which is why our team of highly trained professionals are so delighted to be able to offer advanced imaging services using a CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) scanner. This is a state of the art scanning machine able to produce invaluable three dimensional images.
What is a CBCT Scanner?
A CBCT scanner is a high-tech and modern scanning machine, which is capable of producing incredibly detailed images. A CBCT scanner uses very low doses of radiation to produce amazing 3D images of the teeth and the surrounding structures. Unlike traditional X-rays, CBCT scanners can distinguish between different types of tissue and this enables us and you to see structures in and around the mouth in greater detail.
What Are The Benefits Of A Cbct Scanner?
Our Carestream CS 9300 scanner has a range of benefits for both our patients and referring dentists. It is one of the most advanced scanners currently available, allowing us to scan from just 4 or 5 teeth to multiple teeth as well as just one or both jaws. This flexibility in imaging options ensures that you receive the least amount of radiation for the maximum amount of diagnostic information and treatment benefit.
What are CBCT scanners used for?
CBCT scanners are becoming increasingly important as dentistry evolves and becomes more dependent on technology. At One The Gallery, our Carestream CS 9300 scanner has a wide range of uses in many fields of dentistry, including:
- Dental implant planning and placement
- Management of complications with dental implants
- Diagnosis and detection of infections and tumours
- Oral surgery & Maxillofacial Surgery
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder diagnosis and evaluation
- Complex endodontic cases
- Periodontal disease
Advantages Of Cbct Scanning Technology
The advantages of CBCT scanning technology for our patients include:
- The efficacy of treatment is increased and potential risks and mistakes are greatly reduced.
- This advanced form of technology can help to put the patient's mind at ease, as images can be used to explain how a procedure is going to work.
- This allows the patient an improved understanding of the treatment and enables them to be better prepared.
- Nervous or anxious patients are able to be better informed about the workings of a particular oral health problem or dental treatment.
The advantages of CBCT scanning technology for our Specialists and dentists include:
- The scanner produces incredibly accurate and detailed images, which are extremely beneficial during the detection and diagnosis of oral health problems and structural abnormalities.
- Scanned images can be used to monitor the efficacy of treatment and can also aid in the planning of treatment.
- Dentists can use the detailed images to talk openly to patients about oral health conditions and more easily explain how treatment will work.
- CBCT scanners also improve accuracy and reduce the risk of mistakes, as they provide incredibly detailed images and allow us to assess the risk of a procedure or course of treatment.