Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery involves a variety of surgical treatments of the teeth and jaws. This can include the removal of wisdom teeth, other impacted teeth and reconstruction of the jaw bone to enable dental implants to be placed. It can also include more complex surgery involving the joints of the lower jaw (temporomandibular joints) as well as the surgical correction of jaw deformities in conjunction with an Orthodontist.
What If I Am A Nervous Patient?
We Can Help Ease Your Fear
We appreciate that many of our patients feel nervous about such procedures, and we will do our utmost to help you feel calm and relaxed before, during and after your procedure.
If you are worried or anxious about managing treatment, you can choose to have your treatment carried out in the surgery under intravenous sedation or under general anaesthetic at the Manor Hospital, Oxford. We are happy to advise you on the best option for your needs to ensure you have a stress-free and comfortable experience.
Our anaesthetists are all Consultant Anaesthetists and experts in Sedation Techniques and General Anaesthesia.
Kunmi is our Specialist in Oral Surgery and has extensive experience in oral surgery procedures. In addition, Kunmi is a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon who is dual qualiafied with both dental and medical degrees.
Oral sedation is an option for our patients, click here for more information.
What Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Treatments Are Available?
At One The Gallery, we are able to provide the following services:
- Removal of teeth and fractured roots
- Removal of impacted and buried teeth
- Exposure of buried teeth
- Investigation of oral pathology
- Investigation and treatment of mouth diseases
- Jawbone reconstruction for implant placement
- Implant placement
- Removal of salivary gland stones*
- Investigation and treatment of pain in the face
- Jaw correction surgery (orthognathic surgery)*
- Oral surgery under sedation
- Oral surgery under general anaesthesia*
* These procedures would be carried out at The Manor Hospital - Oxford